Installation of the new bowspirit and last spring fixes

To make it easier to embark Albatrossen Inger, we decided to install a bowspirit. First, we meassured everything both one, two and and least three more times to make sure that everything was correct. Not at all scary to make holes in the hull… To make the bowspirit as stable as possible and to make it a sight for soar eyes, we removed a part of the steel list in the bow.

When above was done, we drilled all holes, filled with “Sikaflex” (to make it water resistant) and then screwed everything in place.

Later that day, all white lines, the water line and the decorative line on the hull was painted with a one component enamel paint. Finally she is ready to be splashed.

Before:

After:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *