New electrical system

During spring 2015 we went through and replace the boats electrical system. All the cables was replaced and routed trough plastic pipes towards the new electrical switch panel which we built in one of the lockers on starboard. The renovation included:
– Replacing existing lanterns
– Solar power (NAPS, 50 w)
– Regulator (Solarmare 10A)
– New radio (Promarine 1111BT)
– New electrical switch panel (Erlandssonsbrygga.se)
– New 12V socket
– Replacing all electrical cables (with the right dimensions)
– New deck bushing for the top lantern
– New main fuse (Skyllemarks)
– New main switch

Hull renovation – 4 layers of epoxy

 First off we blasted the hull with dry ice right after the boat was on the port once again. Every layer of old paint was removed until we reached the original layer of gelcoat. Bad repairs was exposed and some parts of the hull had som miner wholes from “böldpest”. After letting the boat dry for the whole winter we started off with cleaning the whole hull with T-röd. Then we used epoxy putty wherever it was needed. The biggest repairs was made at the front of the keel and on both sides of the rudder. After letting it dry for 2 days we sanded the repairs and then it was time to start with the epoxy paint!

 We painted the boat with four layers of epoxy, starting with white and then black (white – black – white – black). This was to make sure that the whole hull was covered with each layer of paint properly. Between each layer we should probably have sanded the hull to make the surface as smooth as possible, but unfortunately we didn’t have enough time to do this before the boat had to go back to the sea.

 After the painting was done we washed, rubbed and waxed the hull sides to bring back the original yellow color.

The final step was to paint the white line separating the hull sides from to hull!

New cushions

One of the first projects we did was to create and sew new cushions. We chose a fabric called “Dralon” at Stoff & Stil wich was water repellent and anit-mildew treated. We chose another fabric to the bottom parts of the cushions which breathe more.

 To create the cushions we bought regular mattresses from Jysk (12 cm thick). We used the old mattrasses to create paper patterns. We nailed the patterns on to the new mattrasses and used a bread knife to cut through the foam.

 Almost done!

Insulating the inside of the hull

To make it a bit more fresh and comfortable within the boat we replaced all the old hull insulation with a new thicker one. The insulation we chose was made of 5 mm polyester foam topped with a layer of fake leather in off white.
First off we cleaned everything with T-röd. Then we used an awesome glue, completely free from any smell, which was called CascoFlex. We applied the glue on the wall and put up the insulation right away. After the insulation was stuck on the wall we had to work a bit to make sure all the air bubbles was pressed out. Took half an hour or so before the glue was completely dry and the result was great!
(Before we insulated the forepeak we made sure to paint the roof and parts of the hull sides.)